Friday, April 8, 2011

Restarting my blog on film

So I've decided to try blogging again. (Or, as I'd prefer to call it, "writing a public journal that nobody will find.") Clearly, since my obsession is film, I decided to restart "Movies About Steak Sauce."
But first, I looked over what I had done before, and... you know how you'll write something and think it's really good, then you'll come back to it years later and be utterly ashamed of it? That's my reaction to several of my earlier posts. Unfortunately, this included the first post, which I felt had a real snobby air to it.
So this is the new first-ish post. Hurrah.
Now I have to explain the name again. It's based on a piece of trivia I read on the IMDb for "AI: Artificial Intelligence." Initially, the name was just "AI," but in marketing surveys, people thought it was "A1," so they added the subtitle to keep people from thinking it was a movie about steak sauce.
Originally, I used that anecdote to look down on the "general public," saying they were morons. But first, what the hell is "the general public?" Is there such a thing? Second, looking at the logo, it's kind of an understandable mistake. Third, this is the trivia page on the IMDb, which is not exactly as reliable as Wikipedia (which never brings it up).
So what can you look forward to me writing about? Lists of stuff I want to see! Reviews and think-pieces! Lots of words! Heck if I know!

No comments: